Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Must you speak so fast?

Alright, talk fast on our voicemail...fine, I'll keep replaying it until I get what you said. But when you're calling it in and talking to me? Slow the fuck down. Seriously. Do you ladies have a contest to see who can call in a script the fastest? Like when I used to call patients to remind them to pick up their prescriptions. I loved to time my calls and see how fast I could say my speech about who I was and where I was from. But I was just timing myself, not an office of idiots agents.
Speaking of agents, why do doctors "agents" (I use that word loosely, since it's usually people who either don't have a good hold on English, or don't have any idea of what medicines they're calling in - how can you not know how pronounce simvastatin?) always talk so fast when calling in scripts? And why are these agents so stupid? Today I get a lady calling in both a cream AND a lotion (same medication), lady knows one is .05% and when I ask strength on the other she says "Oh, it doesn't say...hold on."
*click* muzak.
She comes back and says it's also .05, great. I ask for directions.
"Hold on"
*click* muzak.
She comes back and says "I'll have to call you back."
Um, when you checked on the strength, why didn't you make sure you had all of the other info for me?
Dumbass.

No comments: