Sunday, April 13, 2008

Allow me to introduce myself

I'm 32, I got married in 2004, and we have two kitties. I've been a pharmacy technician for 4 1/2 years - that makes this the longest I've ever stayed at the same job. I work for a major retail pharmacy, and my husband is an overnight manager for the same chain. Until January, we worked in the same store, but I transferred to a store in our hometown and have saved myself quite a bit of stress. Why? No drive-thru in my new store, for one thing. That alone has saved me a lot of strife (the stories I could tell about drive thru sadists...don't worry, I will). Since I'm still in retail, though, I continue to get customers who drive me to drink. Not that I drink frequently, but there were times in my old store where I'd leave work, go to the nearby package store and buy a nip, pour it in my milk bottle and drive home. It was a short drive so I'd be home before I felt the alcohol, but anyway...haven't needed to do that with my new store. Yet.
When I apply for Medicaid because I've become so mentally unstable I'm no longer able to work, I will thank my customers. For you see, they've given me a case of the crazies.

No comments: