Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dimwit

So yesterday I walk into work and the pharmacist tells me he's already been told by a doctors office that a narcotic pain patch rx is fake, and CALL THE POLICE! Since it was a Medicaid RX, he had to verify it (because doctors are not assuming responsibility for this, and still send out non tamper-proof prescriptions). The script wasn't in the patients file, so the office girl asked pharmacist to fax it over. He did, and they said "That's not the doctors writing. Call the police on him and have him arrested!"
Smartly, pharmacist did not (not only because the customer resembled Charles Manson, but...well, okay, mainly because the customer looked like Charles Manson).
Later, Manson calls and I answer.
Me: "Pharmacy, may I help you?"
CM: "I was in earlier today and the dimwit at my doctors office said my script was fake."
Me: "Okay." I knew the situation, I don't need him to explain it again.
CM: "Well, I called the office. Let me assure you of two things - 1) my prescription is real, and 2) Pam is a dimwit."
Me: "Okay."
CM: "So the doctor won't be back in the office until 1:30. He'll let you know it's real."
Me: "Okay." I didn't want him to come back and kill me, so I'll just readily agree with whatever he says.
CM: "So don't give away my patches to anyone else, I'll be there for them soon."
Me: "Okay."

I told the pharmacist about it. A few hours later we get the fax back from the office with "This is okay to fill" written on it.
Charles Manson showed up a bit later and paid $1.00 for his patches.

No comments: